Saturday, September 30, 2017

Starbucks Fall Cups

     So Starbucks has these plain but colorful cups with a white circle on the front right now.  They are their "Fall Cups" and people have been drawing on them.  Some are simple,  some are more detailed.  If you search #FallCups on Instagram you can find quite a few.  The first one I got I was clueless and my coffee sleeve glue stuck to and tore the white circle.  After figuring it out though I went to Starbucks on National Coffee Day ☕️. I got myself a tall coffee and asked for a clean cup too so the nice barista gave me a grande cup so I would have 2 different colors.  I thought and thought during the day what to draw and that night I came up with the idea of a scarecrow in a corn field in front of a full moon.  I used 2 different hardnesses of pencil,  a black colored pencil,  a black fine tip felt tip pen and a white gel pen.  The colored part of the cup was a little waxy so the pen didn't work as well there but the pencils worked great.  I love the white highlights. I still have the other cup and trying to decide if I want to do another fall theme or jump ahead to winter.  I am leaning toward  winter and have an idea.  I will post or update this post when I finish it.
Hey wouldn't it be great to have 4 cups with all 4 seasons?

1 comment: