Saturday, September 16, 2017

Star Wars Stockings

     So my nephew and his wife are having their second baby.  For their first as for many of the babies in our family I made her a Christmas stocking. A tradition that was started by Grandma Jean my Uncles Mom who has now passed away but always made such beautiful knit stockings for the babies in our family.  I wanted to carry on that tradition,  I knit and crochet and even have one of her patterns. So anyway when we got the news they were having a boy and deciding to do a Star Wars theme I started to think about a Star Wars stocking.  They loved the idea.
      My nephew's wife said to do either BB8 or R2D2 but then she said; "You know after you do one for the baby you will have to do one for Sam too?" (My nephew) Well I never made Sam one because he was almost a teenager when I met my husband so I guess it is about time to make him one.  So I decided to do BB8 for the baby since he is from the newer released movies and R2D2 for Sam since he would be the one he grew up watching.
       I had a delema though,  there was no pattern out there for a stocking like either of these which meant I had to make my own. After a while I thought I had ones I liked and went to work.... I think they came out pretty good and they LOVE them.

No comments:

Post a Comment