Saturday, September 30, 2017

Nightmare before Christmas

    So after making my last 2 Star Wars stockings for my Nephew and future Great Nephew I though my Nephew's wife needed a stocking too.  So as a surprise to her I decided to make her one and send it to her with the other ones.  She loves The Nightmare Before Christmas so again not finding a pattern I liked I had to create my own. 
     I decided to use a different pattern on the cuff that was a bit of a scallop look,  it looked great but when it came time for the name I tried and tried but it just didn't work. I created the image as an applique. The writing was finally after 3 days added too.  Not my favorite writing but I wanted it to be on there somewhere and it doesn't look bad there.
    I created a pointy,  curly toe to go along with the theme. Then I hung Christmas lights on the moon.  All in all I was pleased with the outcome and she loved it too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment