Monday, November 6, 2017

Crochet Christmas Stockings

Here are some of my recent crochet Christmas Stockings.

My niece asked me for Beauty and the Beast so I did the rose incased in the glass dome for her, the whole stocking was done in sparkly yarn that really shimmers but it was really hard to capture that in a picture..





The baby Jesus stocking I made for my Church and will be sold at the Presbyterian Woman Christmas Luncheon in Dec.



The Santa and Tree  I have made 2 of now, one was for my niece and the other is for a friend, her baby is due in Jan but could come early so I am waiting to put the last number on til either the baby is born or Jan. rolls around. This stocking is a pattern I have been creating and as soon as I finish it I will post it here on my blog as a free pattern. It is inspired by a vintage knit pattern from 1948 that my uncle's mom made for me as a baby she made the same pattern for one of my son's. I love the vintage look and wanted to create not only a crochet pattern like it but one that would work up quicker than the original knit pattern which was made on size 3 knitting needles and a 4ply yarn. Mine is made on a size H hook and 10ply yarn. Pattern can be found here.  http://sunnysundays1.blogspot.com/p/patterns.html

No comments:

Post a Comment